FALL BALL RULES 2017Updated Wednesday October 4, 2017 by MDYB JUL2017.
1. Players must play the league age in which they play in the upcoming spring. If a player has to move up in spring, he/she must play up in fall ball unless there is a safety issue as ruled on by the Board.
2. Games will be 6 innings. Time limits are 1 hour & 30 minutes for Coaches Pitch, 1 hour & 45 minutes for Minor, and 2 hours for Ozone. Finish the at bat. **Note for nights with 2 games scheduled for the same field, time limits will be shortened by 15 minutes**
3. All players are limited to 2 innings per position per game. Exceptions: Ozone/Minor – catcher; Coaches Pitch- 1st base and catcher. No player is allowed to return to a position already played.
4. Continuous batting order.
6. Home team is responsible for chalking the field.
7. No scoreboard is to be kept.
8. There will be a 10 batter limit per team per inning for all Leagues. The 10th batter must either strike out or hit a fair ball and will not be walked in Minor/Ozone. Coaches Pitch will follow DYB pitches per batter.
9. Any team not meeting the minimum number of players may borrow a player(s) from another team as long as he/she is registered at Midland for the current season in a lower league.
10. T-Ball players will have 3 initial pitches. If he/she is unable to hit those itches, they will continue to hit from the tee until they have done so. There will be no strikeouts in T-Ball. (Adopted 10-2017)
*****Failure to comply with above rules during fall ball will result in the coach forfeiting the first game in spring ball.*****
Revised Aug 2017
|2017 Fall Ball Rules_v2.pdf|